This Privacy Notice takes effect on July 3rd 2020.
We care about our customers and know that your privacy is important to you. This Privacy Notice is our way of telling you how we collect your information, why we need it, and how we use it. For our website https://www.revivalist.co.uk (the “Site”), Revivalist is the data controller that is responsible for your privacy. Revivalist is located at Unit 15A, J3 Business Park, Balby Carr Bank, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, Engalnd, DN4 8DE.
Scope of Application
This Privacy Notice applies to your use of the Site.
This Privacy Notice also applies to the information you provide to us after being presented with or directed to this Privacy Notice. This could be, for example, when you share your information over the phone with our head office or send us a letter via postal mail.
Information We Collect and How We Use Your Information
There are three general categories of information we collect: (1) Information you give to us; (2) Information we automatically collect from your use of the Site; (3) Information we collect from third parties.
How we use information you give to us Why we collect it
Registration – We need your name and contact details to create your account. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of certain services and offerings on the Site and to fulfil our contract with you when you place an order.
Accept payment, fulfil orders, provide refunds – We use your name and contact details to fulfil our contract with you and deliver your orders, and we use your payment information to process payments and comply with applicable law.
Sending you account information – We need your name and contact details to deliver important account information to you, such as order confirmations and notices, changes to account settings, and notices about the Site or the terms and policies that apply to them.
To offer an improved user experience – We use your communications and contact history with us, as well as other information such as additional profile information, to operate, protect, improve and optimise the Site and to personalise and customise your experience. We have a legitimate interest in improving the Site as well as user experience.
Analytics, training and quality assurance – We may use information you provide to us to train our staff, improve our services, and perform other internal analytics and performance monitoring. This processing can be pursuant to your consent or pursuant to our legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud and improving our services and offerings.
Communication, marketing and advertising – We may use information you provide to us to deliver and personalise our communications with you, or to administer rewards, surveys, contests or other promotional activities. This processing can be pursuant to your consent or pursuant to our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of interest.
To provide customer service and process returns – We use your saved products to help you make a purchase, and we use your purchase history to uphold our contract with you and ensure that you’ve had a great customer experience.
We use your information in several different ways. What we do with your information depends on when we collect it and what we collect. We may anonymize your information for any purpose permitted by applicable laws.
Information you give to us
• Your name and contact details (such as your email address, mailing address, phone number and password)
• Additional profile information (such as date of birth and location)
• Your payment information (such as your credit/debit card number, security/CVV code, and expiration date)
• Your financing information (such as employment and income)
• Your communications and contact history with us (such service calls, chat and instant messages, or communications with our social media channels)
• Other information (such as product reviews, survey responses, participation in promotions, and other user-generated content)
Information we automatically collect from your use of the Site
• Purchase history and saved items (such as what you bought and what you’ve placed in your cart or saved items)
• Log data and device information (such as details about how you’ve used the Site, IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, location data and page/product views or clicks)
• Geo-location information (such as IP address, browser information or mobile GPS information)
• Cookies and similar technologies (such as web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers)
Information we collect from third parties, such as third party services (such as if you link, connect, or login to the Site or with your Google, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter accounts) or other sources (such as your contacts or brands we partner with).
• Your name and contact details (such as your email address, mailing address, phone number and password)
• Social media handles (such as your Twitter or Instagram handle)
• Other information (such as demographic data, fraud detection information and information about you and your activities, experiences and interactions on and off the Site)
How we use information from third parties Why we collect it
Registration and profile – We will use information from third party services if you register with us using another service, such as Facebook. Connecting to third-party applications or services is optional. If you create your account by connecting through another service, we will collect public information from that connected account to help complete your profile.
Communication, marketing and advertising – We may use information we collect or receive from third parties to deliver and personalise our communications with you, or to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities. This processing can be pursuant to your consent or pursuant to our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of interest.
Non-member referrals – We may obtain your information from a friend or other contact who wants to invite you to use the Site. We will use your information to facilitate your invitation and administer our referral program.
When We Share Your Information
We share your information with the following categories of recipients as an essential part of being able to provide the Site and related services, including customer service, to you:
• Concorde BGW Group in the Doncaster. We share your information among our affiliates because each is responsible for different Revivalist activities.
• Companies and individuals that help us deliver our products to you, such as suppliers, payment service providers, logistics professionals, and delivery and freight companies.
• Professional service providers who help us run our business, such as marketing companies, software vendors, consultants, and advertising partners.
• Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us) and payment processors (such as Worldpay) or financing providers (such as Barclays) if you choose to use their service.
We share your information with third parties only as described in this Privacy Notice, with your consent, and as disclosed at the time we collect your information. We may anonymize your information and share such anonymized information with third parties for any purpose permitted by applicable laws.
How to make a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about how we hold or use your data, please contact us at the above address.
If you are dissatisfied with how we deal with your complaint, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office:
The Information Commissioner Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire, SK9 5AF; Phone: 08456 30 60 60 Website: www.ico.gov.uk
Information from other sources
We may use legal public sources such as the electoral roll and other third-party sources such as credit reference agencies to obtain information about you, for example to verify your identity or check your credit history.
We also obtain information about you from credit reference agencies and similar third parties. Some personal information may be provided to us by third parties such as banks, other furniture companies, construction companies or design agencies. In some cases, you will have previously submitted your personal information to them and given them approval to pass this information on for certain purposes.
Such information will only be obtained from reputable sources which operate in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
We and/or other parties may use your information for purposes such as statistical and trend research and analysis which may include computerised processes which profile you. Automatic profiling helps us understand, predict and forecast customer preferences and to improve the products and services we offer and to assess which products might be most suitable for you.
• Functionality cookies, which allow you to navigate the site and use our features.
• Analytics cookies, which allow us to measure, analyse and understand how our customers use the Site, and to identify ways to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience. For example:
We use Google Analytics to help us evaluate your use of the Site, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage. You can prevent Google’s collection of your information through the Google Analytics cookies by downloading and installing available browser plug-ins, for example the browser add-on for disabling Google Analytics.
• Customer preference cookies, which help us remember your preferences (like your location) and make your experience more personalised to you.
Marketing and Behavioural Advertising
If you provided your consent, we will send you marketing communications by email to keep you informed of new products, promotions, and other information we think may be of interest to you.
In compliance with applicable law we will also send you marketing communication per email, if you have purchased a product from us and have not unsubscribed from receiving marketing emails. We will also send you marketing communication per postal mail.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time through your preferences or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org To stop direct marketing messages you can also click on the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email you receive from us. Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you do not receive further marketing messages from us.).
Please note that if you use more than one name or email address when communicating with Revivalist or using the Site you may continue to receive communications from us to any name or email address not specified in your opt-out request.
We also engage in online behavioural advertising to enhance your experience and show you products that might interest you. Interest-based ads, also sometimes referred to as personalized or targeted ads, are displayed to you based on information from activities such as searching or purchasing on the Site, visiting sites that contain our content or ads, interacting with our tools, or using our payment services.
Blogs, Reviews and Forums
The Site also may from time to time offer publicly-accessible blogs, reviews or forums. Any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. To request removal of your information from blogs, customer reviews or forums, please contact us on email@example.com Please note that in some cases we may be unable to remove your information.
Keeping Your Information
When we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will either delete it from our systems or anonymise it so that it no longer identifies you.
Your Rights and Choices
You have the following rights related to the information that we maintain about you:
• The right to be informed about how your information is used. This is the reason we provide this Privacy Notice to you.
• The right to access the information we hold about you.
• The right to request the correction of inaccurate information we hold about you. You can correct some of this information in your account settings.
• In some circumstances, the right to request that we delete your information, or stop processing it or collecting it.
• The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through your preferences here or by clicking on any “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email you receive from us. You also have the right to withdraw, with effect for the future, your consent for other processing activities for which you have given us your consent.
• The right to request that we transfer your information either to you or a third party.
• The right to, at any time, object to data processing based on legitimate interest or for direct marketing purposes.